Meet Steve Emert
Welcome! My name is Steve Emert, the founding attorney at Emert Law Firm, LLC.
I have lived and worked in Gwinnett County, Georgia, since 1989. My wife and I are raising our two children here. I graduated from law school in 2000 and began practicing law in Gwinnett County. I became a partner in a law firm in 2005 and continued there until 2012.
When I launched what is now Emert Law Firm, LLC, I wanted to really make a positive difference in my clients’ lives through the practice of law. I considered the questions I am most often asked when people learn I am a lawyer.
The questions almost always involve people’s children, their property and how to protect both. They are great questions about issues that concern all of us. With that in mind, I began a practice that is interactive and personal.
Estate and business planning involve some of the most important decisions of a person’s lifetime: how we protect our life’s work and provide for those we hold most dear. With so much on the line, it’s something you need to get right.
For new clients, I start with a free interview-style consultation that is easy and intuitive. I’m looking to draw out your top concerns, explain the options, answer questions, spot potential dangers, and help you implement the right solutions.
My mission is to help each client implement a plan that is tailored to meet their specific needs and provide peace of mind.
I personally know what it means to:
- Start a business and career with only a few dollars
- Pay for an education out of pocket by working my way through college
- Watch a family member lose a home
- Have a friend lose every material possession
- See how a premature inheritance can destroy the work ethic of a child
In the end, self-help and online forms are no substitute for sound legal advice. With a broad range of flat-fee services, an effective and affordable estate plan is within the reach of nearly everyone.
- 15% of practice devoted to litigation
- Georgia, 2000
Regent University School Of Law, Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Juris Doctorate
- Law Review Senior Editor and Student Newspaper Editor
- Law Clerk at United States Attorney’s Office, Atlanta
North Georgia College And State University, Georgia
- Bachelor of Science
- Dean’s List
- Corps of Cadets
- U.S. Army Airborne School
- Cross Country
- Habitat for Humanity
Professional Associations And Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia, Member, 2000 – Present
Past Employment Positions
- Riley | Emert | Thompson, LLLP, Partner, 2012 – 2014
- Riley & Emert, P.C., Partner, 2005 – 2012
Contact An Attorney Dedicated To Personalized Service
Our personal commitment to our clients helps set our firm apart from others. To get started, simply schedule a free initial consultation online or call us at 678-926-9284. For a free consultation, we ask that you first complete our online Estate Planning Questionnaire.
Emert Law Firm, LLC, main office is in Duluth (Sugarloaf), Georgia.