Leveraging The Powerful Advantages Of Trusts
As you acquire assets, build a family and move beyond the early stages of life, a trust can be your secret weapon to securing a stable future for you and your loved ones.
For many people, a well-designed revocable living trust offers the best option for lifetime protection, privacy, convenience and stability, while also allowing a spouse or children to avoid the delay and expense of the probate court process. Another option may be irrevocable trusts or testamentary trusts built into a will plan.
Selecting Trusts With Experienced Legal Counsel
At Emert | Yeom, LLC, in Georgia, we have the knowledge and experience necessary to help you leverage the powerful advantages of trust planning. When considering a trust, it’s vital to work closely with experienced legal counsel. By getting to know you and your specific circumstances, we can help you determine whether you and your family can benefit from the unique advantages of a trust.
There are many different types of trusts you may need to consider. Each serves a different purpose and offers certain benefits. Some of the more common types of trusts include:
- Strategic revocable living trust
- Family trust
- QTIP or marital trust
- Asset protection trust to protect assets
- Trusts to secure your retirement plan
- Irrevocable life insurance trust (ILIT)
- Thoughtful special needs trust to protect vulnerable children
Significant Benefits Of Trust Planning
Make no mistake: A trust can be appropriate in both simple and complex circumstances. Some of the greatest potential benefits of a trust include:
- Avoiding probate — The probate process creates delays, requires public advertising and notification to heirs, and can result in substantial costs. Also, probate court records are freely accessible. Most people prefer to keep their affairs private.
- Minimizing taxes, fees and costs — Using a trust can help minimize taxes, fees and costs that would impact the value of the assets you pass on to your loved ones.
- Provide greater protection and control over a child’s inheritance — With a trust, you can put restrictions in place that can allow you to help restrain and protect a free-spending child.
- Asset protection — Trusts provide options to protect your assets against a number of possible dangers, including frivolous lawsuits, bankruptcy, divorce and other matters.
Speak With Our Responsive Lawyer About A Personalized Plan
At Emert | Yeom, LLC, it all starts when you schedule a free initial consultation to analyze and discuss your situation in detail. All we ask is for you to submit our Estate Planning Questionnaire beforehand, which helps us understand how to approach your consultation so that we can make the greatest use of our time together and begin designing the plan you need.
Because any estate plan must be affordable, we offer trust and estate planning services on a flat-fee basis. The cost depends on the planning options selected by you in advance. At the end of our consultation, you will know exactly how much your estate plan will cost.
Trusts can be highly personalized and confusing. Work with an attorney who will get to know you personally and explain things so they are crystal clear. Turn to Emert | Yeom, LLC.
To get started, contact our firm online to schedule a free initial consultation now, or call us at 678-926-9284.