Why Should You Create An Estate Plan Now?
Many people believe that estate planning is only for people who possess a certain level of wealth, who have elaborate plans in mind for passing their money to their heirs, or who are acutely ill and contemplating their death. This could not be farther from the truth.
Estate planning is for every husband, wife, mother, father, grandparent, business owner, professional or anyone else who has someone they care about. If you are concerned about providing responsibly for your own well-being and for the well-being of those you love, estate planning is for you. It is also for anyone who is seeking to make a difference in the lives of others after they’re gone. Estate planning is not death planning, it’s life planning and an essential and rewarding process for individuals and families who engage in it.
Strategic Partnership With An Estate Planning Professional
When done properly, a highly trained individual leads you through one or more in-depth meetings to uncover your hopes, fears and expectations for yourself and for those who are most important to you. This process almost always requires the preparation of several sophisticated legal documents, but those documents themselves are not estate planning. Planning is a process, represented by a complete strategy that is properly documented and maintained by a professional who has taken the time to get to know you, and who is committed to continuing to serve you.
Understanding The Benefits Of A Foundational Estate Plan
Many people ask themselves this question: Why should I plan now? Emert Law Firm, LLC, can create an effective foundational estate plan that provides many benefits to you and your family, such as:
- Distributing your assets to your beneficiaries in the exact manner and timing you see fit
- Ensuring your minor children are well cared for if something should happen to you
- Avoiding unnecessary delay and expense in complex probate
- Minimizing the impact of estate and income taxes
- Promoting certainty and reducing stress among your children and loved ones
- Protecting your assets from unexpected losses due to wasteful spending, divorce, failed marriages, bankruptcy, frivolous lawsuits and predatory creditors
- Limiting the possibility of costly estate litigation
- Giving your loved ones clarity and guidance in the event you are sick or incapacitated
- Giving you the peace of mind from having a holistic estate plan in place to protect you and your loved ones
- Preserving family harmony and avoiding conflict
Create An Individualized Plan For Your Family
Everybody wants an estate plan that is simple, effective and affordable. But simply downloading a form and filling in the blanks can be a penny-wise, pound-foolish approach. In order to receive the full benefits of a foundational plan, it is critical to work with a knowledgeable lawyer who is up-to-date on modern estate planning principles and possesses a complete understanding of you and your family’s needs.
Call 678-926-9284 to schedule an initial free consultation with one of our skilled attorneys. You may also contact our Georgia firm online. To receive a complimentary consultation, we ask all clients to complete our online Estate Planning Questionnaire.